n writing the literature review, your purpose is to convey to your reader what knowledge and ideas have been established on a topic, and what their strengths and weaknesses are. As a piece of writing, the literature review must be defined by a guiding …. It is not just a descriptive list of the material available, or a set of summaries.1 Your literature review must address either
• management of technical or engineering functions, or
• management of broader functions in a high-technology or engineering organization Your Literature Review must contain at least five references on your assigned topic.
• “Peer-reviewed” means that the journal is classified as “Refereed” per Ulrich’s directory. o Thisisnotthesameasthedesignation“Reviewed”inUlrich’sdirectory. o Thisisalsonotthesameasthe“Scholarly&Peer-Review”filterinthelibrary’sSearchfunction.
• “Journal” means that the Serial Type is “Journal” per Ulrich’s directory. o Refertotheseparatelyposted“SearchGuidance”documentformoreinformationonUlrich’sdirectory.
• “Article” means that the item cannot be a book review, an editorial, a column, a call for papers, or other work that is not based on research.